Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What Are They Talking About?

Go to teenink.com

Read several things posted on that sight- anything you like: song lyrics, movie reviews, opinion pieces-whatever. You can select artwork also, but only one of your posted links can be visual art. Select three things that you like and do the following:
1) Copy the link to the publication and put it on your blog.
2) Write at least three sentences encouraging others to read the work.
3) Post a comment on the teen ink site and tell each author what you liked in their writing, also tell the author that you’ve posted a link to their writing on your blog and give them the link to your blog.

Then, say what you liked about the site overall...
...AND... answer this question:
If you had to post something on teenink, what would it be?

Here’s a sample of what your blog should look like:
About An Essay---
This is a wonderful essay about personal struggle, values, knowledge and the process of learning. I really like the title and the use of quote at the end; both are effectively and beautifully used. The bonus connection for me was the artwork done by an Oregon artist! I’d recommend this essay to anyone experiencing writer’s block!

Change---
Timothy M.’s discussion of The Metamorphosis had a clear focus on change and how it affects family. I appreciate that idea because my family is undergoing big changes right now, I can relate. This review is

Cats---
I liked this short poem because it was not about love, it was about a cat. That was a refreshing topic for me. I forgot how much teenagers write about love. Go cat go!

**I like teenink because there is so much to read and all of it seems very real and well done.

**If I had to post something, I'd probably post some song lyrics because they can be totally random and that's how I'm feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment