Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Drunk With Bloodshed?


Today I am asking that you read an article. It's ok not to read the whole thing, but read at least one section very carefully. Then, write your own blog agreeing or disagreeing with at least one idea in the article. Here's the article. Here's a sample of what I want you to do:

The article says that as long ago as ancient Egypt, people have been, "drunk with the fascination of bloodshed." This really makes me sick, but I can see that in some of my students love violence as entertainment. A good example would be how Chris and Tony laughed as they showed a cartoon where it rained dead monkeys. I guess some people will always be interested in the most sick and disgusting entertainment out there. Personally, I am more attracted to happy endings and the idea of living a happy life more than bloody violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment